Monthly Archives: October 2013
This cheeky and refreshing sorbet is great to cleanse the palette and add a little spice to enliven the taste buds.
If you don’t have an ice-cream machine you will have to whisk it every 20 minutes or so to break up the crystals.
250g Watermelon flesh
Juice and zest of 1 Lime
1 Red Chilli
75g Caster Sugar
1. Dice the Watermelon flesh into 2cm pieces and freeze
2. Pierce the stalk end of the chilli and with a blowtorch scorch the skin till black. Allow to cool and scrape of the skin leaving a skinless chilli. Cut lengthways, remove the seeds and finely dice
3. In a heavy saucepan add the zest and juice of the lime, sugar and a little water, heat to dissolve the sugar fully then add the diced chilli.
4. Remove the melon from the freezer and add to a food processor with the chilli lime syrup and blitz for about 4-5 seconds, remove quickly and place in a container then re-freeze.
5 After 25 minutes remove from the freezer and give a good mix breaking up large crystals and re-freeze, repeat this 2 more times.
6. Serve with a few finely shredded mint leaves.